Saturday, August 16, 2008
The Yard Sale is Over!!
So, the Yard Sale is over. My two friends Pauline and Hannah and I thought we would do this yard sale together. We put it in the Greybull and Basin papers, and there were a lot of people that came, since we were having 3 separate sales. It was kind of like a trip through memory lane, as I got rid of baby clothes, swings, high chair, maternity clothes, etc. I could remember all of my babies wearing each little outfit. It made me miss them at that age. But really why were we holding on to all that stuff? We got rid of boxes and boxes of clutter that Ryan and I couldn't bear to get rid of, that we have moved a couple of times, probably those boxes from Provo in 1996 that said, "Summer's clothes she never wears..." that we loaded up in the UHaul to come to Burlington. (I remember one of the brothers saying, "Huh? What ?" when they read the outside of the box.) That still makes me laugh when I think about that. The greatest news of the day, was that we found the lost golf clubs in the basement. I love being right. Ryan was sure I got rid of them, and I told him, I would never throw anything away your dad gave you, but he really thought I did, and there they were!! We made enough money to pay for all the new school clothes and supplies for the year, so it was a good trade, plus we really have cleaned out our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
sum--good for you! i have GOT to get rid of some stuff too. maybe you've inspired me....
Post a Comment