Friday, August 22, 2008

We Survived the first week of school!!!

Hey, Just a quick post to tell everyone we survived the first week of 7th grade, 4th grade, 1st grade, teaching and staying home. I really have enjoyed these past few days of cleaning and cooking, I wonder if this is what all moms who don't teach piano do. Hmmm.. well, I will go back to teaching Sept. 8th. I want to give myself a little longer vacation and get the kids back into the daily routine of homework. This is what the kids say when asked how was the first week of school. Maddie says, "The first week was very fun and some kids in my class already got refocuses, and the bullies are still bullies and my friends are still my friends. So it's just like last year, but different teachers." Sydney says, "Good, it was great. Well, the first recess Alora brang her webkins, the cheeky monkey, to school. I have that one too. And there's another good part because , at first recess we thought about a fort, that's very big, and a fort is made out of trees and ours is good, because we can pretend that these little berries, which are poison, but we just pretend to make blueberry pie. Alora is nice. Eyona was nice on the 3rd recess, because she let me on her team." McKay says, "Maybe a little long, but it's fun. We get a long lunch starting at 12:20. My penpal from Poland sent me a letter and treat and he seems really nice." Abby says, (when asked how her first week home with mom ..)"I don't know. My eye is burning."
Well, that's what the kids say.

2 comments:

Terrys Rock! said...

I hope Abby's eye is better, Sydney's fort seems great, I hknow Maddie won't ever get a refocus (which my kids have at their school too) and I hope McKay's days get shorter for him. Your kids crack me up! Love you!

Meggzzz Blog said...

The school year already looks bright. Your kids are so smart. I wish I went to school with them this year. I love you guys.