Sunday, October 26, 2008

Husband Tag!



1.Where did you two meet? BYU, actually the MTC when we were BYU students. We met in August or Sept of 1993, and I remember thinking, who is that cute boy? I really remember waiting for him to walk by so I could see his name tag was Ryan. But he had a few girlfriends, and I probably had a few boyfriends for the next 2 semesters. We were friends for all that time though, but I do remember thinking of him as Katie Jackson's boyfriend, Ryan.


2. How long did you date before you got married? 9 months from April 1994- Jan 1995
Right before our first date, my roommate Vivien and I were staying at her Uncle's house, because we were in between apartments, and I remember talking to her, saying, I am kind of scared to go out with Ryan, because I had had a dream in Sept or Oct, of 1993, shortly after meeting him, that we got married in the temple. Of course in my dream, there were waterslides in the temple, but that's besides the point. I guess, I just knew what kind of person he was, and that I could fall in love with him and get married, but I was so stinkin young, so I didn't really want to rush things.

3.How long have you been married? just about 14 years. I am rounding up by 2 months.


4.What does he do to surprise you? He doesn't really surprise me. Is that bad?


5.Favorite feature about him? His good looks!! Actually is a sense of humor a feature? He is really funny.


6.Favorite quality about him? He is a good provider. He works hard for his family. He will work instead of sleep. It's hard to complain about teaching piano, when he will get up every Sat. morning at 2am to go teach English to people in Korea over the internet. He honestly has about 5 jobs. He teaches, coaches, broadcasts, Elutians, and more. I appreciate that about him. And when he is home, he is constantly helping me around the house, move laundry along, or doing dishes. He is so helpful with the house and the kids. I know I am lucky.


7.Does he have a nick name for you? Sum, Sums, We joke about Babe, but that's just for fun.


8. What is his favorite color? Cougar Blue (sorry, Linz, I am stealing that same answer)


9.What is his favorite food? Anything he doesn't have to pay for. But, really it's homemade Macaroni and Cheese.


10.What is his favorite sport? He likes watching BYU football. He likes playing basketball, and enjoys running.


11.Who said i love you first? He did.


12.When and where was your first kiss? On the drive home from one of our dates, maybe the Gina Bauchauer Competition in Salt Lake, but anyway, we were driving home in Big Blue, and I was sitting in the middle, and he kissed me on the top of my forehead. I think I was almost asleep, because I remember thinking, did that just happen, or am I sleeping? But our first real kiss was probably in front of the apartments I lived in my sophmore year, Park Place. Doesn't that name just sound so fancy? Or maybe it was in front of Barb's place? Not as romantic..... I am going to stick to Park place.
13.Favorite thing to do as a couple? We like to go to the temple. That 2 hour car ride each way goes by pretty fast, when we just talk and talk. That's pretty good, that we still have lots to say to each other after all this time. I guess that's how it should be if you are married to your best friend. We like to get the kids to bed and watch Our Shows together alone. There's only a couple that we like, Amazing Race, and The Office. Anytime, we can sneak away for a date is great too.

14.Whats a hidden talent that he has? He sings Karaoke. He's got lots of talents, but I guess his ability to get up and teach a room full of people whether it's Seminary, Gospel Doctrine, or talking in Sacrament meeting, and not be nervous, and do such a good job. Even if it's just on the spot without any warning.


15.Where was your first date? We went to a BYU Ballroom concert, that I had to go to for one of my dance classes. It was at the Wilkinson Center, I think. Yikes, it was in 1994!! But, I don't know, when you work together every morning for a semester or 2, it's kind of like I already knew him.


16.How did he propose? In the canyon , I think it is called Hobble Creek Canyon. It was in autumn in September and was so beautiful. We went for a picnic. I was suprised, and he was pretty nervous. It was so cute.


17.What do you most admire most about him? The kind of father he is. He is so great. Our kids are so lucky to be able to have him as their dad. I also admire his work ethic. He works all day, and comes home and still will help me with all of the other responsibilities around the house. That's how he shows his love for me and the kids. He was raised by such a wonderful family, and the kids and I are reaping all the benefits.


I TAG whoever reads this and is married.....

3 comments:

Lindsey Stubler said...

I was so happy when he asked you to marry him because I got to tell all my friends that he was marrying a model! You did a good job on your tag! Love ya!

Karly and Nick said...

Man---you and Gina were fast! I have got to get on it! When Nick saw what I was reading he was like, "What is Ryan's special talent, and Mark's and Steve's?" What are you going to say about me! This is fun...also, when Nick saw the picture of Ryan he said, "Man, that guy never ages! He looks like he is still 17!" Luck!

wjlarsens2 said...

It's weird--I knew some of that about Ryan, but there's so much more that I didn't know. I am so glad he married you--hope to see you guys soon!!!