
Exactly 13 years ago, this very morning, I loaded up my big self, and drove down to go to a doctors appt in Provo, Utah. I was huge, and scooted that big seat back and far as she could go, and my stomach still hit the steering wheel. I was a little jealous that Ryan had taken my cute car up to Salt Lake to do his student teaching, but, I was adjusting. At the appointment, the doctor said, ok, you should have the baby anytime in the next week or two.
So, I was craving cheese popcorn, and licorice, so I made a little trip to Food 4 Less in Provo, and loaded up on 59cent groceries and got some treats and headed home. I think Becki Bitters (at the time) was with me, and we went home. After eating all those treats, I didn't feel very good, and went to sit down on the couch at our Wymount apts. I don't remember where in the apartment this happened or if it even got cleaned up, but my water broke around 3:30pm. I started freaking out waiting for the pain. I couldn't get ahold of Ryan, who was at work at the MTC already, but left a message with Steve's dad Earl who was our boss, to find him and get him to come home. Well, Ryan thought he was just supposed to call me, so he kept trying to call me and I was on the phone with Becky asking her to come back and take me to the hospital if Ryan didn't get there, and if he did there, to go find someones video camera and camera to get pictures of the baby. So after 20 phone calls of Ryan not getting through, because I was on the phone, calling the nurse, Becky, my mom (who was driving to Utah at the time), and Liz. He finally just decided to come home.
We rushed to the hospital in plenty of time, and after pushing (sorry folks) for 2 hours, using forceps, breaking his collar bone, little (well, huge) McKay Nicholas Olson was born at 10:08pm weighing 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches. I was so happy to finally hold him in my arms, and was just so in awe that Ryan and I were parents. We are so happy that you are our son, and first born. We just can't believe 13 years have flown by so fast. We love you so much McKay and hope you have the best day ever!!
Here are the pictures of the kids this morning. Abby was dressed and all ready, but when McKay walked by with his mask on, she lost and and took off her costume and kept saying, McKay scared me, McKay scared me, so she would barely stand there to even get her picture taken, the kids sure thought that was funny. Poor Abby. You are the cutest sad mermaid!!





5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKAY!!! Officially a teenager, huh! I've loved that little boy from the second I saw him. I love the picture of you and Ryan looking at him right when he's born. ALSO--- how cute is Abby? She really is the cutest sad mermaid I've ever seen. Josie is having a hard Halloween too... what's the deal with our little divas? Love you guys.
Happy Birthday McKay! I love the story summer! It's so fun to remember the birth experience and all the things that happen in the flurry of the event! Also, those treats are just too cute! That is talent! Happy Halloween!
Happy Birthday McKay! We sure love you and are proud of the young man you've turned out to be. Have a great Halloween!!!
It was really funny about what Abby did, and I forgot to tell you something. When Abby was sobbing in my Lucy costume, she got it all wet. She also wiped her sobbing tears in it. Don't worry. It dried. Anyway, it doesn't feel much different to have a teenage brother. Love you, mom!
What cute treats you made! This baby #3 has kinda done me in...I used to do stuff like that but not this year! I don't know how you do it!
Post a Comment