Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sister Bear and Too Much Birthday

Has anyone read that Berenstein Bears book Sister Bear and Too Much Birthday? Well that explains our little Abby's week in a nutshell. She had a couple of preschool friends over on Thursday to play.. and with Easter celebrations all weekend, it was kind of like her birthday went on for 5 days. She sure enjoyed every minute of it. Her actual birthday was Monday, but we were all tired out from all the parties that after we went to Cody, and took her out to lunch, I came home and painted McKay's room. I don't think she minded too much. She just kept saying all week, " I'm so lucky..." that's how we feel . We can't believe our little baby is 4.

Grant, Abby Avery, and Kelsi


Yes, I made that cake... I have always wanted to make a fancy cake. I watch Ace of Cakes all the time and bought fondant and gum paste and went to town. Barbie had to have a little amputation of the feet, but I am saving that doll, with 3 girls, I bet this isn't the last barbie cake I make.



4 comments:

wjlarsens2 said...

Good Grief Sum!!! That cake is fantastic! We watch "Ace of Cakes" too but I would never in a million years know how to use fondant and all that fancy dancy stuff! We're counting down the days until July....

The Asay's said...

Wow Summer that is an awesome cake. you are so talented

Shavon said...

Holy Cow, Martha! I love the cake! I have ripped the legs off of a barbie to stick in a cake, but it didn't look that CUTE!

Terrys Rock! said...

Go Sis! That cake is awesome!