Here are some pictures from my trip to CA to go to Grandma Narda's funeral. The title of my post is the good, the bad and the ugly... the drive there, the visit with all the family and my sister and her family, seeing my Dad and having my Dad drive with me, those were all the good. The Bad was obviously the funeral, the drive home, snow, chains, the whole works. The Ugly was the robbery, the van being burglarized, the laptop stolen, etc. I should write more, but it's just too depressing, and want to move on, Grandma's funeral was really nice, I think she would of really liked it. The kids did a good job singing, and everyone I talked to said it was the nicest funeral they had been too. It was kind of like a sad family reunion
Heather, Marisa, Kelly, and Katie (front row)
Victoria (niece), Connor (my cousin Megan's oldest), Maddie and Bella (niece)
Maddie, McKay, Connor, and Abby
Me and ABBY
Abby and Maddie and Grandpa WAD

Sydney and Bella
Abby and Christian (aka Dude)
Auntie Sylvia and Abby (she's my mom's oldest sister)
Sydney and Bella
I wish I could scan a copy of the beautiful program my cousin Erin made, if I can figure that out I will add it later. It was a beautiful program with nice pictures of Grandma, and a bookmark inside. It had a nice life history on the back I would like to add to this post.




6 comments:
I was so sorry to hear about your Grandma and then on top of that the robbery! I am so sorry! I liked seeing the pics of your Dad's...which one lives in Cody? The one on the left?
I'm glad the funeral turned out so nice. It is always hard to lose a loved one. I'm glad you were able to go with your dad, and it was nice to see a picture of your birth dad. That's great that you have so much support.
So sorry about the van and laptop, Sum. That is so sad! And your Grandma too. I'm glad you got to see your family and I'm glad your Dad went with ya. That picture with some of your cousins was cool- you all have such pretty eyes! I love ya.
sorry about the funeral sums--i am so glad that it turned out "fairly" okay. what a nightmare, huh? just keep thinking about july--it's gonna be a blast!
Oh Summer, what an adventure. I am so glad to hear that you're doing alright...I've been thinking about you all week. Love you and can't wait to see you in July!
Love, M
This was so nice. I loved the extra visit we had and our kids had, they are joined at the hip. Abby and Dude look like two little love birds, it's so cute. Syd and Bella are two peas in a pod. Maddie and Victoria are made for each other. And Dude loves McKay so much, especially when McKay falls over dead for Dude. I can't believe how awful the trip was for you, I am so sorry. When we got home and we were settled, I was sick for you. It was so fun seeing our cousins and everyone else. Thanks for the great blog.
Post a Comment