Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Piano Lessons.....


Well, I am enjoying my last days of freedom, before I go back to work on Monday. I am really excited for the new year, lots of new students, and returning, and having Cailee teach with me. I already have 9 students for her, and about 40 for me, so we will be busy. I am looking forward to getting back to a routine since my kids will start piano again next week too, with their 3 different teachers also. Dance and Gymnastics start too. I hope we are ready. Cailee and I put together all of the assignment binders. It only took 2 days after school to get it done, but they look sharp. I figured out the best way to try to schedule everyone this year, I took everyones names and typed them out and put tape on the back and made a big grid with all the days we are teaching and just started putting people in places and then it was easy to move them, and replace them. Some of the names are not sticky anymore, but that is the best way. I am going to do that every year.
Ryan and McKay are gone to their first game tonight. I know they are having a great time. Sydney and Maddie got home from soccer and we are having a "girl club" (according to Sydney) and eating top ramen for dinner and in our pjs by 5:00pm. How fun. My Mom has Abby tonight to spend the night.
Abby is officially potty trained and has been wearing panties for 4 days now, so we have had a productive week!! Ryan and I have honestly been buying diapers for 13 years straight without a break. I wonder what all that money could buy.... anyway.. glad to get that done. She gets up to the potty all by herself, I guess that's what happens when you wait til they are almost 3 and a half!!! Anyway, we are proud of her. Well, that's our exciting life this week... until next time

2 comments:

Lindsey Stubler said...

YAY ABBY! That is so nice that she's all done being potty trained! We're working with Jonah on not wetting the bed and it's a nightmare. The kid pees so much. Anyway, good for you for being on the ball with all your piano stuff. We miss you guys.

Karly and Nick said...

Summer just reading your post made me remember that I have not talked to you for so long! I miss you! I will call you sometime. I am so proud of Abby. Lukas is finally sleeping without pullups...it's a good feeling.